Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9d

Today is Wednesday. Tomorrow is Thursday. Aren't you glad I know what day it is? Hey, I've been at Girl Scout Day Camp this week and I think the heat is getting me!

At any rate, tomorrow marks the beginning of the 7th week at Hermann Hospital. I get weary thinking about it. And for sure Pam, Chuck, and certainly Makenzie are tired of being there. Currently there is another trip to the OR on Friday to possibly close the incision on her right foot. This is the area that has an infection. It is the foot that also gives Makenzie a lot of grief, as it is in pain much of the time. Her left foot is looking better and better, praise God. It's the right foot we're concerned with. Please pray about this when you think of it.

Since Makenzie has had pain issues pretty much the whole time she has been in Hermann, she has been on some pretty stiff pain medication. One of the side effects is nausea and loss of appetite. This is beginning to be a big problem as she has lost a significant amount of weight. It is very difficult to eat when all you feel like doing is hurling your guts out. Please, please pray about this, as we don't want it to become more serious than it is. The spirit is willing, but the flesh wants to hurl.....

Finally, Makenzie & Pam are tired: tired of being in the hospital, tired of the seemingly endless pain, tired of being separated from their family and friends, tired of the OR. Chuck is tired too. There are lots of concerns about other things too. Ever spent one night in a hospital? Remember what it cost? Please pray about this too.
Admittedly, I'm tired too. I want them to be able to go home and begin putting their life back together. I wish I could make things so much better. Thank you my friends for being there. Thank you for your prayers....
Mary

1 comment:

  1. We are praying without ceasing. I'll bring this to my Home Group tonight too.
    I love you all,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete