Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday, June 7

Technology is great until it doesn't work.......The blog server has been down for a couple of days, so sorry to my friends who have been looking for an update! Who really knows what is going in cyberworld....

Makenzie just got out of surgey this evening after waiting all day for it to happen. She was supposed to have gone in for a routine cleaning of her feet around 7am this morning. However the OR was way backed up (it's Monday of course) and she didn't get in until almost 5! And that's without eating! The good news is that everything is healing pretty much like it should. The left foot grafts are healing very nicely, and Chuck stated that it's starting to look like a real foot again! Praise God for this! Finally some good news to mull over. The right foot is healing ok, and they will go back to the OR on Friday to close it up. It is on a wound vac at the moment. Keep praying for healing for this infection and for the pain.

Though they are weary from being in Hermann right now for this long, they are thankful for the good progress and the great care of the staff. Dr. Minosnos, the graft guru, has just been wonderful. On top of being a world class surgeon, he is a caring person and offers such great support particularly for Pam. I am thankful for him.

Today my daughters and I were at Girl Scout DayCamp. I am in charge of canoeing for over 200 girls this week. Today as I was sitting by the canoes on the shore, I told God thank you for letting me be there. So many times I take for granted the opportunity to do things. I am thankful for being out there, though it was pretty freaking hot! I am thankful for good health, for a strong body, and a great family. Be thankful today my friends where ever you are.
Mary

1 comment:

  1. I fell behind on keeping up with the blog but have read through the last weeks worth. I am so glad to hear that things are still improving if even in just small ways.
    My heart broke while reading about the noisy hospital nights and the lack of rest. I do SO know how that feels! Tell Pam she should get herself a box fan and plug it in at night on HIGH so they can't hear it all! LOL!
    19 kids and counting, now that is something I love to watch along with I love Lucy re-runs and the discovery channel but I can imagine that having only that as a past time for the last several weeks would wear out quickly. I do wish that they would get Kenzie some sort of activity to do from her room. TCH has dvd players and a library where you can check out movies to watch. They also have video games for the patients to play, right from their bed. Maybe they will tell her she can come home soon. Give Pam and Kenzie our love and tell them we continue to pray for speedy healing, rest, comfort and to be pain free.
    God bless you all!!! Thank you Mary for always keeping us posted :)

    ReplyDelete