Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 10- The more things change, the more they change....

Ever built anything? My husband is a chemical process engineer. He helps in building designs for chemical plants everywhere. He's really the "no" guy. The guy who looks at plant drawings and states what "else" needs to be done and how long it will take. He goes to a lot of meetings. Often I've accused him of being a professional meeting go-er! Sometimes he's not real popular. Sometimes what he says doesn't go over real well. He's a tedious guy; he wants things done right the first time without any serious consequences.....

That about wraps up today. It's Monday, right? Ok. So Makenzie went into surgery this morning around 7:30am. The plan was to repair the upper L femur, repair the fracture in her knee, and work on her R ankle. Wednesday they were supposed to work on the L foot and ankle, and then supposedly she was going to be done. She got out of surgery around 5pm. Long day for her and the surgeons. They repaired the entire L leg and knee and left ankle as far as the bone stuff was concerned. On Wednesday the plastic guy works on her L foot to repair the massive tissue damage. This will be another long day, and she will have to remain in the hospital 3-5 days thereafter. THEN, another surgery is scheduled for next Monday to repair the R ankle. Today's surgery went very well. We are thankful for that. Hearing of adding another surgery was a little discouraging today. It is in her best interest to do this, the safe way. Ok, not what we planned. The "no" guys have spoken. They are tedious. They want what's best.

Some of you know I sing professionally. Many years ago I sang a song called "The Journey" by Cynthia Clausen. The last part of the song goes like this:

"Give me the heart to be pure,
Give me the faith to be sure,
Give me the strengnth to endure
All of my tribulation."

Pray for my sister and brother-in-law. Pray for Kaleb too! They're getting tired. They need the stregnth to endure....
Thank you all for being here today. Thanks for you continued prayers....
Mary

2 comments:

  1. We are glad to hear this news Mary. I know that another surgery isn't what ya'll wanted to hear but as our family knows God knows what is best for us. I pray without ceasing for Makenzie, all her doctor's and nurses, Pam, Chuck, Caleb and Aunt Doris and Uncle Byron...I know how hard it is to wait on God, believe me I know this one. When you go back to the hospital read Isaiah 41:10 and Psalm 121 to Pam for me (in case I don't make it back up there). Tell them we love them all so much. Some of my students from Houston Baptist are asking about Makenzie as well as my professors, my friends from church, etc......
    Again our prayers and our love,
    Shannon and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear the good news...When I came back to work on Sunday, I barely got in the door before I was nearly knocked down by co workers wanting know how everyone was doing. There were tears of joy when I told them she was awake and speaking and asking all kinds of questions! The guys say to keep up the good work, and for Mak to keep those nurses on their toes! So glad to know she is not on the STICU floor, cant wait to share the good news with those who have been keeping up with Mak through me! We are all continuing to pray, but prasing for the progress!

    ReplyDelete