Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 2

Makenzie is still stable, running a little bit of fever which is normal for the injuries she has. Pam (her mom) has been sitting in the room with her for much of the day. Pam said she opened one of her eyes a couple of times and looked at her while the ICU team was checking her. Makenzie has had many visitors today. Our younger sister Melinda arrived this morning with her family and I know that Pam & Chuck are so very appreciative of their being here. Pam & Chuck finally got some much needed sleep last night at the Ronald McDonald House. They will be staying there for awhile. Kaleb and his girlfriend Raynie are tending to many of Pam & Chuck's personal needs and running many errands for them. I think I can speak on the family's behalf and say thank you to so so many of you for your prayers. I can only wish I had time to tell you what God has already done for Makenzie. She does have a long journey ahead.

Last year I trained for the Houston Marathon. Marathons are 26.2 miles in legnth. At first I wasn't sure I would be able to run 26 miles. It's a long way. It's the distance from my house to downtown Houston. Would I ever do that for fun? 26 miles. How do you run 26 miles? You take one step at a time. You run one mile at a time. Then two. Then four. When you train to run long distances, you know you have to run a long way. If you think only about how far you have to go, you may not even put your running clothes on and get out the door! Too freaking far! IF however, you think about running one mile, then the next mile, then getting a drink of water, then running to mile 5 and choke down a chocolate sugar filled GU supplement, etc, pretty soon you get some serious miles behind you! Yeah, it's hard. It's almost unthinkable. And yes, it's do-able.
That's what this journey for Makenzie will be like. It's what this road will be like for her parents, family and friends. One day at a time, one surgery at a time, one significant step at a time. Pray for what is next......

Next surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. The surgeons will be working on the broken bones on the left side of her face and jaw. Pray for this surgery. Also pray for her left heel.
Thank you my friens......
Mary

4 comments:

  1. Praying for Makenzie and the rest of the family. Please let them know that if there is anything at all we can do for them, please just say the word. Thanks for keeping us posted.

    The Fairbanks Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Pam and Chuck and all of Makenzie's family and friends--we are praying daily for her and her recoverery. God is good and He is right in the middle of this. We love you all and will be praying for many months to come. Please know that you have many caring friends who would love to do anything to help out.

    Billy, Natalie, and Jake Rowe
    Lindsey and Craig Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Family and Friends Do know I have been praying since I heard the news, if you need anything please ask. I work for HPD and work downtown and it takes me all of 10 minutes max to get to the hospital from work. I am there from 3 to 11, but also only live 25 minutes away from the medical center. If you need anything please let me know!

    Love you dearly,
    Kristie Moseley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Chuck & Pam and family, you all are in our prayers we love you all and will continue to lift you up daily. I live in Conroe and have lots of time off between flights, I am more than happy to do whatever you guys might need done.Please feel free to call me anytime at (281)630-3012. Know that we are all here for you and please allow us to assist you in anyway.... friends loving and helping friends is what it is all about. Take care and please call...Much Love Sharee Treadway Brabits

    ReplyDelete