Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 9- "She's baaaaack....."

"I want to go home"....."I need water"......"Put my bed down"....."I want to roll over"....etc. Who is saying this? Makenzie!!!
The docs took the respirator out early this morning and called Pam & Chuck. She was wanting her momma!!! Yes, the girl child has awoken, a bit groggy, but awake and looking around none the less. Pam & Chuck told her about the accident. Things are still somewhat unclear for her. She was very surprised to learn that she's been there 9 days. She's not sure why everyone is wearing blue plastic gowns and gloves. She did smile when Pam told her that she had made Valdictorian of her graduating class. For those of you who may not know, her graduation is May 28. Kenzie is back and we are so profoundly grateful......
I think I wrote the other day (they are becoming a blur...) that we were hoping she would be awake by Mother's Day. This is a great gift! The best gift a mother could have....

As I sit here writing, I am so overwhelmed with emotion, so thankful for you my brothers and sisters for being there with your prayers and support. There are so many of you out there, many I don't know personally. I hope you all have a terrific Mother's Day tomorrow. Tell your mothers, your brothers, your sisters, your children, that you love them. And I will tell all of you, I love you.
Thank you my friends....
Mary

5 comments:

  1. Amazing and so wonderful, there will be no better mothers day gift ever except for this. I am so grateful for the good news. God bless
    jessica stokley

    ReplyDelete
  2. How happy can you get about this news? I'm sure Chuck and Pam are ellated. We are so excited to know that Makenzie is doing better. I bet Pam can't get enough of listening to those "I wants", and almost on Mother's Day. I know that all of them know that God has a special plan for this pretty girl. Praise God in the highest. He is Jehovah Rapha our healer. Love to you all. By the way I'm keeping Mother informed and she told me to tell you all that she says an extra long prayer for Makenzie every day. You know that she means that if you know my Mom! Sleep well Friends. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, I was actually speechless! Imagine that!!!! God is so awesome and He is our Healer, He is the Alpha, The Omega, He is Jehovah Rapha, and the list goes on and on.....What a Mother's Day present for our dear cousin Pam and early Father's Day for Chuck! We are so greatful for answered prayers....we will continue to uplift Kenzie, the rest of the family and all of her doctor's and nurses....we love you all,
    Shannon and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go, God, go!!!! I praise Your Name and the fullfillment of Your promises from Your Word! I give You all the praise and glory. We continue in our prayers of healing and thanksgiving for this precious young lady. Love and hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is definitely good. All good things are because of Him. God does indeed answer prayers so keep them coming. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to include all of you. Butch and Cindy.

    ReplyDelete