Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 12-two steps forward, one step back...

Actually, I think the saying goes the other way....however I choose to think we are making progress. Matter of fact I know we are.

Complications. Makenzie is having issues with blood clotting. This is a pretty serious condition, but we have been reassured that it is normal for the condition she is in. This afternoon they moved her to the IMU(Intermediate Care) floor so they can observe her more carefully. Right now surgery has been postponed until this issue is cleared up. Will let you know what's next when it is decided. For right now, this very minute, there will not be surgery on Wednesday. Remember what I said yesterday, the more things change......

On a positive note, my niece really looked so much better today! The swellling in her face and eye area have gone down significantly. To me she looked downright beautiful! I was really glad to see her try to smile at me, knowing how crappy she was feeling. She was even trying to eat some of that yummy hospital fried fish! That in of itself tells you how brave the girl is!

We are going to pray for a better day tomorrow.
Specifics: Pray for those clots to dissolve
Pray for a safe surgery on her foot
Pray for healing, and good decisions by docs...

Today I saw some beautiful flowers, cards, and care packages. So many of you have reached out to my sister's family.....each time I see a sent note, gift, card, know that I think of you. Thank you so much for being there. I am thankful for you.
See y'all tomorrow!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment