Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 29- Country Roads Take Me Home....

"Country roads take me home, to the place I belong".......yeah, I listen to John Denver. He's even on my Ipod! Thinking about this song while helping Pam & Makenzie pack up. MAKENZIE WENT HOME TODAY! This is the day we've all prayed for, we all have hoped for. Hallelujah.....Not that it will be easy when she gets home. Lots of recovery to do. It will seem slow, sometimes painful, sometimes a total drag. It must be done. We are gratefull for this opportunity to be bored. Many who enter the doors of the ER at Hermann do not get this second chance. Some who do go home are never the same....We are grateful for this day for what it means to Makenzie, her family, her friends, and her school! Yes, we're going to GRADUATION tomorrow night! I'm looking forward to it!

You know that top 10 thing Dave Lettermen does on his show? Well I've come up with my own top 10.....here it is:
MARY'S TOP TEN OF WHAT SHE WON'T MISS ABOUT GOING TO HERMANN HOSPITAL.....
10. I won't miss blue paper gowns or latex gloves...
9. I won't miss driving on Loop 610 during Housewife hours (from 9-2) as that's when the worst drivers in town come out....
8. I won't miss the 5 minutes it takes to get from floor 6 to the front gate in the parking garage...
7. I won't miss the STICU waiting room, perhaps the scariest place on earth...
6. I won't miss the patient rooms in STICU, a place where no one says anything and the TV's are never on...
5. I won't miss the elevators in the Cullen Pavillion, as I'm sure there is a Seinfeld episode about this somewhere....
4. I won't necessarily miss the salad bar at Cafe Hermann, although the salads there were better than some salads I've had...
3. I certainly won't miss the salad bar prices!!!! $10 for lettuce? Really?
2. I know I won't miss the Pronto Coffee machine....hopefully Pam won't either!
ANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD,
THE NUMBER ONE THING I WON'T MISS ABOUT GOING TO HERMANN HOSPITAL....
I WON'T MISS THOSE __________(FILL IN THE BLANK) YELLOW DISCS FOR THE PARKING GARAGE!!! I DROPPED MINE TODAY!!! UHG!!!!

So, lets get ready for GRADUATION!! I'm looking forward to seeing some of you there! I will be sitting with Pam & Chuck and the family. I will be the one with the video camera. If you are there, please come over and say "hi"! I want to say thank you for your prayers. Prayer has changed things my friends....it has.
See you tomorrow! Graduation here we come!
Mary

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Mary for such wonderful reporting; I know it's not over, just hopefully slowing down for everyone. LOVE the Top Ten!! Kenzie...so glad you are getting to go to graduation - you are a wonderful young lady with a bright future & God has great plans for you.

    Julie Y Flores & Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and your family. Congrats to Makenzie and all of her hard work during school. I hope her strive for excellence in school is mirrored in her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for keeping up with this. My dad preaches where Robert and Merle go to church in Oak Grove. My mom told me about Makenzie's accident and I have kept up with the newspaper report, as well as your blog. I have been praying constantly for Makenzie and her family. Thank you again. Please be sure to write and tell how graduation went.

    sheree yasko hill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I said before. God is good. He gave us you, Mary, to keep us updated. The road to recovery is well on it's way. Makenzie, you knock em over with your speech on Friday night. Thank you again, Mary for taking on the blog. Prayers will continue to have all of you in them. Butch and Cindy

    ReplyDelete