Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 23- Goal tending...

Goals. Gotta have them. Write them down, put them on the calendar, whatever. Actually, I used to not be to keen on making goals, whether they were the small seemingly insignificant daily ones or the long term big whopper ones, like buying a house, getting married, etc. Maybe the big ones were all I was thinking about, not really paying much attention to the little goals that would help me get there.

Sometimes I watch that show "19 Kids & Counting". You know, that program about the Duggar family, where they live in Arkansas and homeschool 18 kids + 1 new one? Not that I'm into having 19 kids.....However, I am intrigued by some of the things they do. One thing Michelle Duggar emphasizes each day for the kids of varying ages are daily goals. Each kid has a list of tasks and goals to achieve. Michelle stated that they don't always meet the goals everyday, but it is something to work for, something that gives direction for daily life.

I myself am a half toasted list maker. I do better if I can see my "goals" aka "lists". Keeps me on track and helps me not to go into the ozone of endless projects and errands. Helps me remember why I do what I do. These little goals do eventually go somewhere in the land of progress. Big goals are good too, but often they scare me! I get nervous about not finishing, about failure, so sometimes I don't want to make any. Any of you been there?
Goals and having a vision for tomorrow are important. "Without a vision, the people perish".

Makenzie is in the process of making goals. Each day she achieves little goals. They are things that we take for granted, things that we can do each day with ease. Everytime she achieves one she moves on to the next. All of these are heading to much bigger goals. We have a big one we're looking at right now. Everyone is reminded about what it is each day. Will let you know when we get close....

Makenzie went in to the OR today to check on her left foot and leg. As I've mentioned before, it is this leg we've been seriouly praying for. This leg/foot sustained a lot of damage and required extensive surgery. Things are going very well and the world renowned foot guy stated that it's about as good as it gets in footland. Praise God for healing! She will have this looked at again Monday.

If you are her friend on Facebook, you can catch up with her and write her! I saw she was on there this evening! She would love to hear from you!
Keep praying for: continued healing of everything (lots to heal)
renewed physical strength
continued pain managment

Make some goals Y'all! Have a great Friday!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment