Monday, May 31, 2010

Of mountain tops and valleys.....

A courageous moment. Doing something that she didn't feel like doing, but doing something because she desired to. Courage. It's facing difficulty head on, not letting fear get you.

Yes my friends, Makenzie went to her graduation on Friday night at Big Sandy High School! It was an emotional evening for everyone. She rolled in on a stretcher via ambulance! There she was, cap and gown, looking beautiful. She was in some pain however. There was talk of letting her brother Kaleb read her Valedictorian address. But no, when the moment came, the girl took the microphone and spoke with confidence and eloquence....it was a moment of truth for everyone. A moment in time, one I'll never forget....

Today has brought some new issues. It's Monday isn't it. Yeah, a holiday but Monday just the same. Makenzie had to return to Hermann Hospital today after the home help nurse came by for the daily wound dressing and advised that her feet needed some additional attention. After arriving at Hermann this afternoon, the docs decided that she will have surgery tomorrow to take care of some cleaning issues and tissue matters in BOTH feet. We need to seriously pray about these things. It's a setback. We don't like it. We have no choice but to move forward and ask God for continued super healing. We need to ask for stregnth for Pam and Chuck, as they are weary.

It's hard to pray without ceasing. My heart says one thing, my mind says something else, and the Spirit pleads for prayer. This is hard and tiring my friends.
So, bear with us. Pray, pray, pray. I don't know what to say this evening.
Intercessory prayers.
Pray for her feet, for healing, for pain relief.
Pray for strength.
Thank you my friends....
Mary

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to here that Kenzy is back in the hospital. I agree with you on the courage it took for her to even attend graduation given the pain she must have been in. My son Tony said that she looked really good! After having seen the picture you posted I have to say he was wrong...she looks amazing! As beautiful as ever. I honestly beleive he like every one else are very simply glad that she was there for them to see. Congrats to Kenzy on her graduation and we luv her. She has been amazing thru this entire ordeal and I am sure she will continue to amaze us. She is in all of our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The word goes back out as soon as I have posted this to all my prayer buddies. Makenzie we are so proud of you. I am ashamed though that we have not kept in contact with your Mom and the rest of your family all these years. Sometimes though kin folk have a hard time with crazy schedules and all that stuff but that isn't a good excuse.
    But anyway hang in there kiddo, we do love you and the family and I am praying for you as I type this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sorry to miss graduation on Friday. My youngest son was in a championship game that night and I had to be there for him....it's a mom thing. I wanted to bad to see Kenzie and to applaud with everyone else her remarkable strength.
    We continue to pray for her every moment. Thank you so much Mary for posting the photo of her! She looks beautiful as always! I hope to see a video of the graduation so that I can see her give her speech and see the other seniors make that step across the stage. This class has been through a lot. God bless you all...we will continue to pray and to pass along the prayer requests.

    ReplyDelete