Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 13- Holding Pattern....

I hate waiting. Not one of my better traits. Probably the same can said for most people. That's pretty much what today was like. Waiting. One time when I was flying home from somewhere, Hobby Airport was conjested due to weather. We had to go into a holding pattern. Basically it was a huge figure eight sort of route that took us way out to Lake Jackson and back two or three times. It was also at night. Seemed like forever.

We are waiting for some complications to themselves out. Today Makenzie is in the SIMU (Intermediate Care) so as to work on the nuisance blood clot issue. She had a stint put in this afternoon to help alleviate the situation. Now we wait. Like figure eights to the waiting area and back. Holding pattern.

The good news is she is looking better and better, and is eating when possible. Eating is a good thing. She's talking more too. Hopefully we can get the surgery going soon.

Pray: for the dissolving of blood clots
for continued healing of her foot
for more stregnth for her and her family

Finally, I know I mentioned a couple of days ago about finding information on giving blood. Makenzie has needed a tremendous amount of blood over the past two weeks. Hermann Hospital if full of accident patients like her who need a lot of blood in order to recover. I hope you will seriously give though to it. I'm going to!
Good night my friends, and praying for you as well....
Mary

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the update, she is in my prayers each night.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll spread the word at work and church about the blood being needed!
    We love you all,
    Shannon and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I first read about Makenzie's accident, I've been finding myself thinking about yalls family and praying for yall everyday. I check your blog every night while I'm at work.
    I have not met yall, but I am praying for Makenzie and your family's healing.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary thanks for all the updates. In EMS we hardly ever get to hear any news on how pts are doing long term. I was dispatching that day and also know Chuck from back when he had his bad accident, actually worked on him that night when he was injured by the Sonic. If you get a chance tell him Ricky Taylor said HI and have been thinking about that night as well what they are going through now. It is obvious that prayers are going up and being answered. God is AWESOME. But once again thank you for this blog, it is so helpful for everyone. Ricky Taylor Paramedic Americare EMS

    ReplyDelete