Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 15-

Good evening everybody! Sorry I'm late tonight. It's almost 11pm. It's Friday. Thank heavens. 15 days. Can't believe it's been 15 days since the accident. Things have come a long way. That being said, we've got a long way to go. The reality of the long recovery is starting to set in. Right now the next surgery is scheduled for Monday. This is when they will be working on the left foot. We have been waiting on the clotting issue to resolve itself. It's going slowly. Please pray about this issue as things are held up because of it. The good news is, that since we've had to wait, there has been some healing of the tissue in this foot! It has actually worked to Makenzie's advantage to have waited. Thank you my praying friends! The foot plastic doc said there is more good tissue to work with! This next surgery will be very tedious, and the recuperation following is tedious as well. She will have to keep her foot elevated for 5 days, and will not be able to move it. It will be hard. Please keep praying about this.

When I trained to run the Houston Marathon last year I learned a lot. Most of it had little to do with running. Here's some thoughts I had: I was at mile 21. Twenty one miles is already a LONG way. Wow, I just ran 21 miles. Look at me, I'm tired! Oh no, I have 5 more miles left.....Oh no! I can't do it! My legs hurt, my body hurts, I'm tired!!!!! It is about this point that temporary insanity sets in. You know, you can't even make heads or tales about anything because your exhausted? Yeah. Even good news sounds bad. Your whole life is going down the tubes. Why? Exhaustion. Fatigue. I'm saying this as this is also starting to really set in as well. After 15 days of being in the hospital not sleeping it gets ya. Who does sleep in hospitals? It's certainly not the patients! You just want to get out, go outside, even if it is downtown Houston. It's mile 21.
So, when our brothers and sisters are running the marathon and on the verge of collapse, what do we do? We start to really encourage them, hand them water, yell at them, lift them up. We might have to help them limp to the finish.
So, what can you do? Keep praying. Pray especially for Pam & Chuck. Pam is staying with Makenzie pretty much all of the time now. It's exhausting.
I hope you all have a great weekend with your family!
I love you, good night!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment